Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Kids and Sports

After years of begging, I finally enrolled my middle daughter into soccer. All of her friends have been playing since they were in the first grade (now third) and I've just never had the desire or the time to want to participate. Neither of her sisters have ever expressed the desire for team sports, or doing anything like that, so I just kept brushing my middlest off, always saying "maybe next season..."

But, I finally relented and signed her up for this season. Yesterday was their first orientation meeting where they met the coach and the team, received their uniforms, and had a small practice afterwards. My sweet little Bee was so excited to be there and listened very intently to everything the coach was saying. I loved watching her enthusiasm as she had her small moments with the ball, and I can see in her personality that she will be a great team player. The look of sheer pleasure on her face as she ran around the field was priceless.

I wish I would have done it sooner.

No comments: