Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Fixing Others' Mistakes

I have to vent for a moment, so please bear with me.

I work from home doing secretarial work, and it is often necessary for me to actually go in to the office to catch up on paperwork, etc. Yesterday was one of those days but instead of just the usual filing, etc, I had to put print/copy and bind several booklets containing 110 pages. I'd spent several hours compiling and printing the pages when Mr. Bossman points out that the odd pages are on the right instead of on the left. I looked at him like he was crazy to think I was going to redo everything I'd already done just to appease such a simple thing. The way he looked back at me spoke volumes... I was going to redo them. Sigh.

So, I was supposed to leave at 2:30, but instead I didn't get out of there until 5:45 and I get the distinct pleasure of going back on Friday to make more booklets.

Why is it that some people expect perfection from others, but if they were doing the same chore, they'd allow little things to slide by? If they had been my booklets, I would have just let it slide and kept the page numbers as they were.... But since he's the one who signs the checks, I gotta do what he says. Blech.

So that was my day yesterday... There was no time for anything else. :: insert an eye-rolling smiley here ::

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I have days like that...way too many of them.