What did I do?
Well, after months of looking at myself in a mirror and trying hard not to gag at the reflection, I
:: as an aside, why in the world do people like hairdressers and dentists try to carry on coversations with their clients/patients when it's abundantly clear that they are unable to hear/speak back?? Why??? ::
After the dryer it was over to the sink to be shampooed and conditioned. I happily carried on a conversation with my energetic hairdresser where we giggled and chatted over the antics of children and the frustrations of lunatic siblings... and that's when she spun the chair around so I was face to face with myself in the mirror.
GASP!
I now have the same color hair as my hairdresser, though she admitted that she had never in her life been a blonde as I had been just 45 minutes earlier. My hair is now the color of a dark devils-food chocolate bon-bon where it used to be the color of frosting you'd see on a maple donut. A difference of about 8 shades.
I've had a good part of the day to let the change grow on me, but I still double-take when I pass by a mirror. My husband is going to flip out when he sees it. And, when I say flip out, I'm not sure if that's in a good way or not. I also have book club tonight, where I'll be gathered with several of my closest friends, who all have no idea I've made any changes to my appearance. Their reactions will dictate whether I find myself back in the hairdressers swivel chair tomorrow or not...
So, here I sit... waiting to exhale.....
2 comments:
I did the same thing this weekend...I'm now back to being a brunette (I was born with brown hair) after who-knows-how-many-years of being a blonde...my husband has finally stopped twitching when he looks at me (LOL) and honestly, I really like the new look. I hope you like yours, too! But if not, it's a good thing that hair color is fairly easy to change.
Doesn't matter what the color is, you are still the same. post a picture so we can see
Post a Comment