TGIF - It supposedly means Thank Goodness it's Friday, right?
Well, not for me it's not. At least not today. Let's see... perhaps:
This Gut is Frustrating, or
Tummy Gluttonous: I'm Fat! or
Thighs Grotesque - Infuriating - Fat!
These things may or may not be true... but I just got home from 3 different stores trying on jeans. If you aren't a woman, you can't appreciate the impossible task this is. A guy can just walk up to the rack, look for his approximate size, and head to the checkout -- a trip taking approximately 2.7 minutes.
Not so for the female persuasion.
We approach each rack and scan for color. Next we grab the size we wish we were, the size we might be, the size we probably are, and each size surrounding these sizes (just to be sure) then head for the dressing room. We try on each pair (sometimes squeezing and stuffing ourselves into them), then examine our reflection in the dressing room mirror from every angle, step out of the dressing room to look in the multiple-angled mirror from every angle, then head back to the dressing room, check mirror again, take them off, and proceed with the next pair. By the time we get to the checkout it has been approximately 72 minutes since entering the store.
I found two pair that were a tad tight but I bought them anyway (spending a bit more than I intended). My rationale for that is that if I live off of tomatoes and water for the next 7 months they won't be tight on my anymore. As if.
I'll put them on for Da Man when he gets home from work and let him have the final say. If he likes them, then I'll be happy. If he hates them... well... at least I saved the receipt.
Thank heavens it's not swimsuit season anymore!!
No comments:
Post a Comment