My poor husband can relate to the above video all too well. Our first Christmas together as a married couple (16 years ago) he got me 3 things: A step-stool, a bathroom scale, and some trashy lingerie. He still hasn't heard the end of that, though he has redeemed himself a time or two.
I post this here as a public service announcement to the men out there who feel a practical gift is a good gift to give. If you want to give your wife a dual-bag vacuum (or a step stool) do so on a Tuesday, out of the blue, and take her to dinner afterwards (preferably someplace they don't serve fries). If you expect brownie points, and a Get Out of the Doghouse Free Card, put at least a modicum of thought into the gift you give on birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc. You'll be much happier for it.
We women have VERY long memories. Trust me on this one.
There are still 16 shopping days left before Christmas... are you prepared????
Sometimes I'm an angel, and sometimes I'm not... but if you ask my kids, they'll tell you I hung up my halo years ago.
Monday, December 08, 2008
Beware the Doghouse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG... I thought being the recipient of a "I thought I could use it too" gift was bad. A step stool? Seriously, that is funny stuff! Thanks for posting the video!
First, I'm not prepared. Second, I usually get Christauna power tools. She really likes that kind of thing.
Post a Comment