Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My feet hurt, my wallet doesn't

Why is it that when I'm shopping for a specific item of clothing, I never find it?? And, why is it that when I'm merely window shopping, and have no money, I'm constantly finding things I wish I could buy? Somebody needs to get a hold of Murphy and tell him to add this to his stupid Laws.

All I wanted was a red blouse, with a nice levi jacket to wear over the top. You think I could find anything? Everyone has put out their spring collection, which consists of pastels and short sleeves. Nothing red! And, every denim jacket I found was the distressed, yellowing material that all the teens are into these days. Ick. Why can't they wear nice, clean-looking clothes?

Sigh.

And, don't even get me started on shoe shopping. I wanted a nice pair of classic black pumps with a 3" heel (sexy, eh?). But, again, all the spring stuff is out and there were sandals galore, and lots of strappy little things, but not my style.

Double sigh.

So, four stores later, I come home with one tiny parcel. My feet are killing me! I didn't get the clothes I wanted, but I did find a great purse. I've needed a new purse for ages, but never found the "right" one. But, at least my trip wasn't totally worthless. I got a new purse! Of course -- because I wasn't shopping for one, right??

2 comments:

Lammy said...

WOOT WOOT for a good purse!!!

(sorry you didn't find shoes pal.)

Lisa M. said...

Ya know, I have been looking for some red tops and haven't been able to find them either.

We are in the height of the water polo season, and my daughter's high school colours are red and white. Can't find a darn thing red anywhere.

Well, except in the underwear department. *chuckle*

I do love a good purse.

*smile*