Monday, September 25, 2006

Vacation, all I ever wanted...

So, tomorrow is the day. It's the first time that we are all going on an actual vacation together as a family. This is no weekend camping trip, or a quickie overnight stay somewhere, this is an honest-to-goodness, bonafide VACATION!

I think I am more excited than my children are to be going to Disneyland. I haven't been since I was 8 years old, and now I have my own little 8 year old that will be experiencing Disney for the first time. Seems odd to have the shoe on this foot... suddenly, I feel more "parental" to be traveling with my children; while at the same time I'm giddy as a schoolgirl thinking I"m going to see Cinderella close up! Go figure.

I don't feel at all prepared, though I've been preparing for over a week. I'm convinced I will forget to pack something essential. It's hard enough when I'm just packing for myself, but trying to predict what each of my three children (and husband) could possibly need in the next 5 days and making sure it gets into the luggage, is a bit much. Not to mention, trying to obey all of the TSA restrictions and guidelines...

It's enough to send any mom off to the looney bin.

Hey.... wait a minute. The looney bin?? Three square meals and total isolation? Now THAT sounds like the perfect vacation. Sign me up!

1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

I hope you have a fabulous time.

*smile*