Saturday, April 15, 2006

Bakin'

I started tanning yesterday. It has been a long time since I have gone, and the first time was just under 3 years ago. I'd never seen the reason for it, since I tan so easily during the summer months playing in the backyard with my kids and gardening. However, I will say that I loved the results just a few short sessions in a tanning bed gave my skin (not to mention, no tan lines).

So, in preparation for the pageant, I decided a few sessions a week for a month should give me the nice golden color to accent the pale blue gown I will be wearing. Not to mention, tan skin hides cellulite better than white skin.

I forgot how relaxing tanning is. I loved laying in the warm bed and feeling the fake sun rays warm me all the way through. I just relaxed and listended to the radio for the 10 minutes I was there. I think I'll go back again today, before we get in the full swing of Easter preparations. I could use the few minutes of relaxation to regroup and re-energize.

Oh, and before you hit the "Comment" button... I know the cancer risks, so please don't stone me for my choices.

Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

*stone, stone, stone*

*chuckle* I think it is a fanstastic idea! I bet you will look spectacular.