Sunday, April 06, 2008

Conference Weekend

I love LDS General Conference. I love it for many reasons, including (but not limited to) the fact that we don't have to get up and get ready for church, and the fact that we get to have an abundance of the Spirit in our home as we listen to the messages delivered as a family. I love hunkering down on the couch cuddled up with my husband and kids, snacking and discussing what we are hearing.

This year, I found a packet of activities for children to do while they listen to Conference. It has really helped them to listen and try to figure out what the main topic is for each speaker and pay closer attention to the actual message being given and not merely listening for words to cross off on a Bingo game.

It is such a special time for Latter-day Saints, and especially this Conference since we were able to participate in a solemn assembly - the first time for our kids, and the first time when I really had a testimony strong enough to care. It's such a beautiful thing!!

My testimony has been strengthened, and there's nothing better than that.

No comments: