I've now had two nights without him. The nights are the hardest. I don't sleep well and I continually find myself on his side of the bed. I'm constantly waking up, and then my mind starts to wander and think too much and then it's hard for me to go back to sleep. I'm really hating this separation.
But days are a bit easier. I've been busy with the kids' school and Church stuff. I worked all day on Tuesday at my job, which really ate up a lot of the day. Today, I had a friend over and we made spaghetti sauce with the tomatoes I harvested from our back yard. I feel a sense of accomplishment from getting that done. Now I have the task of cleaning up my kitchen. Joy.
I haven't had a lot of time to mope -- although when I have quiet moments that exactly what I want to do. It's kinda silly of me to be taking this so hard. He's just on a business trip, for heavens sake! How in the world would I be able to handle life if he were to die??
I'd never be able to have even made it to today if it weren't for my friend, Lammy. She may be an "online" friend (for now), but she's the best one I've got. She always knows the things to say to brighten my mood. Monday morning when I was feeling my worst, she was there, giving me encouragement and understanding. She's my rock. She makes me smile and I always feel better after talking to her. Everyone needs a friend like her -- and I can't tell you how long I've prayed for one! She's an answer to prayers in every way. Between her and Verizon Wireless, I think I'll get through these remaining 12 days unscathed.
Onwards and upwards.
1 comment:
Awwwwww.....sweetie....Y'know I luv ya! Thanks for the kind words...but
IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE, GOON.
*smiles*
Post a Comment